The Hotchkiss Library of Sharon will welcome 30 nationally known and regional authors and illustrators for the 19th Annual Sharon Summer Book Signing under the tents on Friday, July 31st, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Hotchkiss Library of Sharon’s Summer Book Signing is the historic town library’s primary annual fundraiser. Proceeds further its mission of promoting literacy throughout the community. Thirty authors come together to sign their latest hardcover books for hundreds of ticketed book lovers from neighboring towns in Northwest Connecticut, the Hudson Valley, and the Berkshires. The festive evening, under tents on the library grounds adjacent to the beautiful Sharon Green, has become one of the area’s most anticipated summer events and is made possible by the hard work of a large crew of dedicated volunteers. The book signing kicks of a big weekend in Sharon, with the Sharon Green Arts and Crafts Show held on Saturday.
For prospective authors:
If you would like to be considered for the Annual Sharon Summer Book Signing, please note the following criteria:
- All books offered must be published between August 1st of the previous year and July 31st of the year of the event, with preference given to books published in the six months leading up to the signing.
- We sell hardcover books only. However, original trade paperbacks with a retail price of at least $20 will be considered.
- We do not sell self-published books.
- All decisions are made by the Book Signing Author Selection Committee, which begins to meet in November. The earlier we hear about current and upcoming books, the better your chance of being considered. Our list is normally finalized by March 31st.
- The library orders the books and acts as booksellers at the event.